The use of the latest information and communication technologies, the implementation of new requirements for professional scientific publications, the solution of common problems of scientific periodicals require professional knowledge in the field of publishing. The few staff members of scientific journals, scattered across academic institutions, are usually deprived of their professional circle of communication and the opportunity to obtain new information and improve their knowledge. They have a certain set of skills to handle the issue, but they are not qualified to respond appropriately to new challenges of the times. The article summarizes the basic state regulatory acts that should be used by publishers of scientific periodicals in Ukraine. International standards and requirements for scientific periodicals are discussed. The real integration of the academic periodicals of the Academy of Sciences into the global field of information requires a significant improvement in the skills of publishers, which is most likely to be done by combining the editorial boards of professional publishing houses.
1. Vakarenko O.G., Kapitsa Yu.M. Copyright in publishing activities of scientific institutions. Visn. Nac. Akad. Nauk Ukr. 2018. (2): 97-106. https://doi.org/10.15407/visn2018.02.097 [in Ukrainian].
2. Kapitsa Yu.M. Use of copyright symbol for research journals and academic monographs. Science of Ukraine in the Global Information Space. 2016. 13: 39-45. https://doi.org/10.15407/akademperiodyka.321.049 [in Ukrainian].
3. Kapitsa Yu.M. Protection of copyright on scientific journals and monographs in digital form by users in the foreign countries. Science of Ukraine in the Global Information Space. 2018. 15: 39-45. https://doi.org/10.15407/akademperiodyka.372.039 [in Ukrainian].
4. Kapitsa Yu.M., Makhnovsky D.S. Contracting between scientific establishments, employees, and publishers on publishing scientific journals and monographies. Science of Ukraine in the Global Information Space. 2017. 14: 43-53. https://doi.org/10.15407/akademperiodyka.337.043 [in Ukrainian].
5. Kapitsa Yu.M., Shahbazian K.S. Application of open access licenses, while placing materials of scientific magazines into electronic environment. Science of Ukraine in the Global Information Space. 2016. 13: 62-70. https://doi.org/10.15407/akademperiodyka.321.062 [in Ukrainian].
6. Shahbazian K.S. Use in scientific publications of citations from published works, the rights to which belong to other authors. Science of Ukraine in the Global Information Space. 2014. 14: 51-58. https://doi.org/10.15407/akademperiodyka.337.051 [in Ukrainian].
7. Shahbazian K.S. Requirements for the protection of copyright on articles in scientific journals, belonging to such bibliographic and abstract databases as Scopus, Web of Science, Index Copernicus International. Science of Ukraine in the Global Information Space. 2018. 15: 46-52. https://doi.org/10.15407/akademperiodyka.372.046 [in Ukrainian].