The article deals with the organization of the activity of scientific periodicals in Ukraine, in particular in the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. The main normative documents defining this activity are named. The main problems of optimal organization of work on the preparation and issue of scientific periodicals, especially the problem of lack of qualified personnel and efficient distribution of powers, are outlined. The risks associated with the excessive formalization of the work of the editorial board of the scientific periodical are identified.
1. Methodology for evaluating the effectiveness of scientific institutions of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. URL: http://www.nas.gov.ua/text/pdfNews/metodyka_text.pdf [in Ukrainian].
2. Akoev, M.A., Markusova, V.A., Moskaleva, O.V., Pisliakov, V.V. Handbook on scientometrics: science and technology development indicators. Ekaterinburh, 2014. doi: https://doi.org/10.15826/B978-5-7996-1352-5.0000 [in Russian].
3. A game of numbers, or how the work of a scientist is now evaluated (collection of articles on bibliometrics). Moscow, 2011. URL: http://resource.history.org.ua/item/0010432 [in Russian].
4. Web of Science Core Collection. URL: https://clarivate.com/products/web-of-science/open-access
5. Scopus: Access and use Support Center: What is Scopus Preview? URL: https://service.elsevier.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15534/supporthub/sc...
6. About DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals). URL: https://doaj.org/about
7. ERIH PLUS. Norwegian Social Science Data Services. About. URL: https://dbh.nsd.uib.no/publiseringskanaler/erihplus/about/index
8. Hicks, D., Wouters, P., Waltman, L., Rijcke S. de, Rafols I. Bibliometrics: The Leiden Manifesto for research metrics. Nature. 2015. V. 520, No. 7548. P. 429-431.
9. Statement by three national academies (Academie des Sciences, Leopoldina and Royal Society) on good practice in the evaluation of researchers and research programmes. URL:http://www.academie-sciences.fr/pdf/rapport/avis111217.pdf
10. Bishop, Claud T. How to edit a scientific journal. Philadelphia, ISI PRESS, 1984.
11. Vakarenko, O.G. F ormation of publishing strategy as a necessary condition for promotion of a scientific journal in the modern information space. Science of Ukraine in the Global Information Space. 2017. 14: 18-23. https://doi.org/10.15407/akademperiodyka.337.018 [in Ukrainian].
12. Kotlyarevsky, Ya.V., Radchenko, A.I., Melnikov, O.V., Semenyuk, E.P. Strategic Priorities in Measuring the Publication and Publishing Works in Scholarly Research Activity. Sci. innov. 2018, 14 (5): 5-16. https://doi.org/10.15407/scine14.05.005