The study is dedicated to the development of novel techniques for the synthesis and analysis of supramolecular complex of 1-methylcyclopropene and cucurbituril, with a view of further development of new agricultural products, e.g. Oberigpro and others, for fruit and vegetable treatment. Synthetic procedures were significantly improved at all stages allowing time and feedstock saving, as well as process efficacy and ecological aspect enhancement. Robust analytical procedure for 1-methylcyclopropene assaying was developed with the use of high performance liquid chromatography and chemical derivatization of 1-methylcyclopropene. Moreover, the release of the active compound from the complex was considerably increased, and high complex stability under various conditions was shown. In general, the study performed allowed making Oberigpro one of the most effective products for practical application among the existing analogs, and paved the way for further development of new agricultural products with controlled action.
- State Statistics Service of Ukraine. http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua
- Kovinko O.M., Shutova L.O., Tomchuk A.O. Prospects for apple market development in Ukraine and in the world. Market Infrastructure. 2018. (20): 72–77. (in Ukrainian).
- Turbin V.A. Scientific substantiate technology storage and secure quality basic fruit and vegetables. Manuscript. Dr. Sci. (Engin.) Thesis. Kherson State Technical University, Kherson, 2004. (in Ukrainian).
- Hu B., Sun D.-W., Pu H., Wei Q. Recent advances in detecting and regulating ethylene concentrations for shelf-life extension and maturity control of fruit: A review. Trends in Food Science & Technology. 2019. 91: 66–82. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tifs.2019.06.010
- AgroFresh Expands SmartFresh™ Technology for More Crops and Ready-to-Eat Produce Suppliers. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/agrofresh-expands-smartfresh-technology-for-more-crops-and-ready-to-eat-produce-suppliers-301048986.html
- Zhang Q., Zhen Z., Jiang H., Li X.-G., Liu J.-A. Encapsulation of the Ethylene Inhibitor 1-Methylcyclopropene by Cucurbituril. J. Agric. Food Chem. 2011. 59(19): 10539–10545. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf2019566
- Day A.I., Collins J.G. Cucurbituril Receptors and Drug Delivery. In: Supramolecular Chemistry: From Molecules to Nanomaterials. JohnWiley & Sons Ltd, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1002/9780470661345.smc056
- Behrend R., Meyer E., Rusche F. Ueber Condensationsproducte aus Glycoluril Und Formaldehyd. Liebigs Ann. Chem. 1905. 339 (1): 1–37. https://doi.org/10.1002/jlac.19053390102
- Freeman W.A., Mock W.L., Shih N.-Y. Cucurbituril. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1981. 103(24): 7367–7368. https://.org/10.1021/ja00414a070
- Kim J., Jung I.-S., Kim S.-Y., Lee E., Kang J.-K., Sakamoto S., Yamaguchi K., Kim K. New Cucurbituril Homologues: Syntheses, Isolation, Characterization, and X-ray Crystal Structures of Cucurbit[n]uril (n = 5, 7, and 8). J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2000. 122(3): 540–541. https://.org/10.1021/ja993376p
- Day A., Arnold A.P., Blanch R.J., Snushall B. Controlling Factors in the Synthesis of Cucurbituril and Its Homologues. J. Org. Chem. 2001. 66(24): 8094–8100. https://.org/10.1021/jo015897c
- Lagona J., Mukhopadhyay P., Chakrabarti S., Isaacs L. The Cucurbit[n]uril Family. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2005. 44(31): 4844–4870. https://.org/10.1002/anie.200460675
- Mock W.L., Shih N.-Y. Structure and Selectivity in Host-Guest Complexes of Cucurbituril. J. Org. Chem. 1986. 51(23): 4440–4446. : https://.org/10.1021/jo00373a018
- Jeon Y.-M., Kim J., Whang D., Kim K. Molecular Container Assembly Capable of Controlling Binding and Release of Its Guest Molecules: Reversible Encapsulation of Organic Molecules in Sodium Ion Complexed Cucurbituril. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1996. 118(40): 9790–9791. https://.org/10.1021/ja962071x
- Chen X. Development of liquid 1-methylcyclopropene delivery formulations for modifying ethylene response of fresh produce. Dissertation for the Ph.D. (Graduate program in food science). New Brunswick, New Jersey, 2015.
- FAO Specifications and Evaluations for Agricultural Pesticides: 1-Methylcyclopropene. Food and Agriculture organization of the United Nations. http://www.fao.org/fileadmin/templates/agphome/documents/Pests_Pesticides/Specs/1-MCP10.pdf
- Weigert F.J., Baird R.L., Shapley J.R. The Palladium Chloride Catalyzed Cyclodimerization of 1-Methylcyclopropene. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1970. 92(22): 6630–6635. https://.org/10.1021/ja00725a041